For decades the treadmill has been a leader for cardio exercise in the gyms and home and the design of the traditional treadmill has stayed fairly unchanged. Then came the curved treadmill which revolutionised the fitness industry.
The human body is built for running, and since man has become a little more urbanised, we brought running indoors with The Curved Treadmill.
- Curved design - Minimises the impact on the joints while running and so maximises the stimulation of the muscles with optimised workloads targeted toward the muscles for running.
- Non-motorised - This simulates a more natural running experience while at the same time pushing you the runner more than any motorised flat treadmill could, resulting in 30% more calorie burn. It is an ideal indoor treadmill for indoor training and weight loss because of this.
- Multi-drive gear system - Set the level of resistance for speed or stamina training.
- Powder-handles - The straight and curved designed handles allow you to position yourself perfectly for different power-based push exercises, and allows you to maintain stability and change the angle of the body to modify the intensity of the run or sledge push.
- 6" back-lit screen - Tracks and measures distance, time, speed, and calories burnt.
With The Curved Treadmill you can improve your stamina, strength, speed and agility.
Does the curve treadmill really work?
The self-powered nature of curved treadmills makes it similar to walking outside, requiring the user to recruit more from the hamstrings, glutes and core to propel the body forward. Studies have shown curved treadmills can help you burn upto 30% more calories than you would doing the same workout on a flat treadmill.
Can you lose belly fat by running on a curved treadmill?
Running on a curved treadmill is one of the most effective ways to lose belly fat, not only does the activity burn calories for overall fat loss, but it also directly affects the visceral fat that lies under your stomach muscles. Add to that the additional 30% caloric burn compared to the flat treadmill.
What is the point of a curved treadmill?
Its curved running surface places a greater demand on the user compared to a traditional motorised treadmill. This type of self-powered treadmill allows you to run with a natural style on the balls of your feet, pushing your body forward to create the momentum to turn the treadmill belt.
Can you walk on a curved treadmill?
Yes. Centre of the treadmill = Walking. Further up the treadmill = Running
Are curved treadmills better for knees?
A curved treadmill is less harmful on the joints You don't have to sacrifice your running to save your knees. The rubber surface of a curved helps absorb the impact on your joints and connective tissue, preventing injuries often associated with pounding the ground.
We hope any questions you have on the curved treadmill have been answered above. If not please feel free to email email@example.com with your questions and one of our sales representative will happy to help.